Love Golf in the Kingdom? Bobby Clampett to Support Kingdom of Golf Marathon
On Sept 9, Bobby Clampett will host a clinic and play in a special golf event – Kingdom of Golf Marathon – to raise money for and awareness of Michael Murphy’s ITP International (ITPI). Murphy, the author of the bestselling book and soon to be released movie Golf in the Kingdom, is a co-founder of ITPI along with George Leonard author of the classic book Mastery. Hosted at the Peacock Gap Golf Course in San Rafael, CA, the Kingdom of Golf Marathon (KGM) offers golfers a chance to give back while doing something they love – play golf!
• In 4-person scrambles, each golfer hits 3 drives on each hole. The best of the tee shots is selected and all players take their second shot from that spot. The best of the second shots is determined and all play from that spot, and on it goes!
• At designated Mystery Holes, golfers can expect the unexpected.
• Hole-in-One contest with $25,000 cash prize
• Carts and range balls are provided for all golfers, and each group plays at their own speed.
• Prizes awarded for longest drive, closest to the pin and whacky things like the best hacker and most integral player.
Before the marathon begins, all participants will take part in a special clinic led by PGA Champions Tour Player and golf sports commentator, Bobby Clampett! After the awards ceremony, golfers will join in an intimate dialogue with Michael Murphy and Bobby Clampett and meet local golf pro, Kris Moe and former Apollo 9 Astronaut Rusty Schweickart, participating marathon golfers.
For more information on this special event, including individual costs and schedule, click here.
For more information on corporate sponsorship opportunities, call Barry Robbins at 415-924-4256.